Thursday, 26 April 2012

Spring Holiday in England part 2

So, here's post 2 of photos from our holiday last month (part 1 found in post below).

Peter and children at Chester Zoo. We had a day out there along with my friend Beth Fisher and her children. It was really lovely to meet her in person, after being in contact online for a few years now. :)

One of several elephants at the zoo. I have to say, I was very impressed with the quality of exhibits at Chester Zoo, and how well/close-up you could view the animals. I've only ever been to the zoo in Houston, TX (and Fort Worth) and thought they were good, but I was positively impressed with what we saw in Chester! :-) If only we'd had more time (and energy!) to see everything there!

Abigail & Clement and 2 of Beth's children

and again

Abigail, Clement, and Benjamin, together with Beth's oldest 2

A rhino

Lions

Fish (don't ask what they were!)

Benjamin's favourite fish there - Nemo! lol

Flamingos

Penguins!

Benjamin, the meerkat?

Deborah, fed up with not being allowed to run anywhere she wanted! ;-)

Giraffes

We stayed in a small village called Leyburn while on holiday, not too far from Catterick Garrison. There was a lovely park near the flat, and this is the misty view from the park one morning.

A lovely hot air balloon we saw above us one evening in Ripon.

Old town hall (I think) in Ripon

Old wakeman's house in Ripon

Ripon Cathedral - an inner part of the church is believed to date back to 672AD!! See here for more info: http://www.riponcathedral.org.uk/cathedral.php?chpg=102&passsec=2

I didn't manage any photos of the inside (I think you had to purchase a permit) but it was quite a building! My photos of the outside don't do it any justice - don't think I have the skill (or camera??) to get such a large building into one photo! :-P

A tower of Ripon Cathedral

The best shot I got of the whole building in one photo

An old wall from 1506, near Ripon Cathedral

Plaque on the wall

The lovely view from our 2nd floor holiday flat (3rd floor if you're American!)

View from flat window again

More view

Some lambs nearby in Leyburn
And so that's the end of our holiday photos! But I think I still have some more photos to upload! So might just be doing a 3rd post today, if I get the time.

No comments: