From scan today, at 12w 3d. Baby is due to join our family in October, God willing. My due date (according to scan) is the 9th, but of course babies come when they're ready! :-) I thought it was a lovely clear photo - and I *think* even Clement can recognise it's a baby by the shape of it! He gets really excited when he sees babies in real life, as well as in magazines - and he got excited and a big smile on his face when I showed him (followed by frustration for not being allowed to hold it!) and when I told him "baby" he said "babba". But poor Benjamin was really upset to not be allowed in while I had the scan! :-( They moved to a brand new ultrasound department in the hospital and had signs everywhere (doors, desk, wall etc) saying they didn't want children in the room, etc and for a responsible adult to watch them in the waiting room. However, the new waiting room doesn't have toys like the old one did, and is tiny, with only a table full of dodgy magazines! Grrr! So he was pretty distraught to not be able to see it on the screen - but at least the printed photo was so clear.
So anyway, a long and tiring day for us all in Inverness! We had our monthly homeschool get-together from 12 to 2pm. And my scan was at 2:15 - so it worked out well to have both on the same day (meaning no extra 80 mile round-trip to Inverness!), so we just had to leave the meet up a bit early. And then did a little bit of shopping, finishing with grabbing some food and pizzas from Morrisons to pop in the oven when we got home. But leaving the house at 11am and not getting home until nearly 7pm *is* a long day! :-)
In other news, this past weekend, Abigail, Benjamin and Clement were baptised at church on the Lord's day in the evening. It was a lovely service and a very special occasion. I have to admit that I'd been feeling rather stressed about it - not sure how they would behave (especially Benjamin, who sometimes gets anxious about things and can be rather restless in the evenings). But thankfully they all behaved very well - and Clement even managed to stay in the whole service without becoming too noisy/disruptive! We are thankful for their baptism and our hope and prayer is that they would early come to trust in Christ.
Now I must try and get the dishes done, downstairs tidy, laundry, and if I'm still awake after all this, perhaps a shower before bed! :-)
6 comments:
Congratulations!!
And how nice that the children were baptized as well. I hope to have Elijah and Noah baptized one of these days.
Oh wow Rachel that is sooo special .God is so good ...what a blessing :)Yes I'm very excited !!!! sending you a hug Marilyn
Congrats on the new baby. I was baptised last sunday at at the anabaptist group I attend. It was very special too.
Thanks for the comments everyone! :)
Marilyn: Good to hear from you - I must email you soon (I'm sure I must owe you one!).
Ruth: Really nice to hear from you - it's been ages! Lovely to hear you were baptised. What group is it that you go to? You'll have to email me and let me know what you're up to! :)
Congratulations!! Must be so exciting! Is Abigail wanting a little sister, or is she ok with being outnumbered? ;D
Mercy: Abigail *would* really like a sister, though she knows that she could well get another brother! :) She has loads of fun with her 2 brothers, but I think she is very keen to have a sister. It would be nice if she got one before she was too much older, so they didn't have a huge gap in age. Sisters *are* lovely things to have! :)
Post a Comment