Saturday, 19 September 2009

Still around...

Well, I haven't got myself packed into a box yet! ;-) In fact, we don't really have anything in boxes yet - and only like 10 days till we sign papers and get the house! :-O But I've been doing lots of major decluttering - lots of bags gone to charity shops (or out at the door for the charity bag collectors - which means I don't have to haul them anywhere!). So I think we're accomplishing something - and I cleared out 6 pushchairs, which is progress for sure! Hopefully once we're ready to start boxing things up it won't take too much effort to sort things out - or at least that's the idea. But we hope to move and reassemble the shelving and books (as in, the multiple thousands of books that are for sale!) first, since that's not connected with what we need for eating/sleeping!

I think I'll just post these photos and then get to bed, as I never seem to get near enough sleep. We all ended up with a nasty cold/flu type thing - apparently connected with the virus that gave Benjamin the croup over 2 weeks ago. Abigail, Clement and I still have rather noisy/wheezy breathing from it, but hopefully that won't last too much longer.These first three photos are from today

"We don't do baby rice here - big boy food all the way - pass the baguettes, please!" :-) He loves to teethe on big bits of bread, especially the "crusts" from homemade pizza!

Smiling at his mummy, of course!


Making a funny face, and thinking about where he might be able to go


"Mummy says I must wear shoes when I'm outside .... so does that mean her shoes will do?" ;-)

Watching mummy in the kitchen


Again, watching his mummy in the kitchen (you might think I live in there! ;-) ) - he's quite enjoying the baby walker which we got when Benjamin was about his age!


Chewing a biscuit (cracker), but I had to soon take it from him, as he bit off a huge piece and looked in danger of choking!



Yep, he's one of us ... he loves books! ... tho eating them is even better!



Benjamin playing in a big box



Cooking a pretend meal



Soaking up the sunshine



A close up of Benjamin's face! lol





And Abigail too, as she didn't want to be left out


On Wednesday we went to see my friend Ruth, who's just had a lovely little baby girl! :-) She's called Lois and we went over to meet her, which was nice! Made Clement look like he's not a baby anymore to see a newborn!
Afterwards we went for a walk near Tore. The above photo shows Abigail and her work of art (she's got a big creative streak!). She and Benjamin collected lots of interesting objects - pine cones, acorns, hay, feathers, leaves, etc and when we got home Abigail arranged them all in her trainers, which looked quite clever really!

And this is what I collected during our walk:
19 of the 22 cooking apples we picked/collected! We were walking along a path where a old railway once was and we found a lone apple tree there! No idea how it got there, but I made a *lovely* apple crumble with 3 of the apples that evening! Now I must make sure I make something else with some of them tomorrow, as Abigail was rather disappointed that I didn't make a pie or cake today!

Ok, I'm off to bed now - I hope! :-)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Beautiful pics of the kids! I also made an apple crumble the other day!!! Does your youngest have teeth? My youngest gags on the smallest bits of food...so I have started him with rice the last two days. I tried some homemade squash but it was too chunky and he gagged. He has no teeth. My children don't get teeth until almost 11 months, so I'm not in any big hurry. He also does not sit up unassisted...so I know he really isn't ready for food yet. But your little guy looks like a pro!! Fun!

Rachel said...

Thanks for the comment! :) No, Clement doesn't have teeth yet, just very strong gums - mine don't seem to get teeth very early either! And he's not sitting up unaided yet - well, not for long anyway, but he can for a little while at times. But neither he nor his brother Benjamin were keen on "baby food" - I tried some apple/pear sauce the other day and he gagged on nearly every bite. But I gave him a teething biscuit and he just ate it perfectly - tho he did bite off more than he could chew from one today! At lunch today he had the end piece from a loaf of homemade bread and did really well with it - he enjoyed the soft bread! :) So I think he seems to be most happy with big people foods, though I always worry he might choke - but seems the baby food has been the worst so far! LOL And none of mine have ever been keen on rice cereal (ie baby rice), so that stage is always omitted here! :)