Saturday, 22 August 2009

We're buying....

A bigger house!! :-)

Yes, we're hoping to move soon! We've put in an offer for the house and it was accepted, and we've agreed a date of entry by the 5th of October. Don't think I've really got an idea of how much work it will be to pack everything up and move, but I'm still excited! I don't know if I've mentioned here before about our plans to build an extension on our exisiting house, to make a office and a dining room behind the house. Well, we contacted the architects back in December last year and had hoped that work might start by around March...but it's now nearly *September*, and they've still not finished all the planning work. So we have no idea how long it would be before it was possible to even *start* the building work - much less when it would be finished! So thinking about this, I began to think I really wasn't sure we could cope with having the house torn apart (well, at least the back of the downstairs) while having active toddlers. And if it happened during the winter months, then they'd be confined in a very small space indoors. Not to mention the fact that Clement would be crawling (if not walking) by then - and Benjamin's eczema adds enough stress to life! Sooo, long story short, I started looking for houses - determined that I was sure I could find something in the wider area at least that would actually in the end be more economical than an extension. And the above house is what I found - slightly more space than what we'd have if we'd had the extension built, but hopefully laid out in a way to make the space more usable - and still plenty of garden space (front & back) for the children to play in! (That was one issue with the extension here - we'd have hardly any garden out the back - and the front is small enough as it is.) And the house is in walk-in condition, though we'll need to floor the attic and build another garden shed to have some extra storage space! :-) The house is about 25 miles north of where we are now - but good road there, so only just over half an hour's drive - not far off the main road, but in a small estate, so not too many houses around.

So here are a few more pics of inside the house, copied from the brochure:


Kitchen (obviously!)


Dining room, looking down from the stairs


The current lounge (sitting room) which is upstairs! However, we're hoping to use the front entry room (in front of the kitchen) as a sitting room, and this upstairs room (which is quite large) will be divided to be a bedroom for Abigail at the back and play/school room at the front.


Master bedroom, with good sized walk-in closet

So, plenty of work to be done clearing out clutter here and packing up soon! And the task of getting this house emptied and up for sale! Sooooo, if anyone is looking for a house in the Highlands of Scotland... ;-) our house here will soon be up for sale! Peter has started putting together a website, though our house won't be officially for sale yet, as we're required to have a home report (survey) first, which will be when the house is empty! But just to see if there's any initial interest! :-) http://yourhighlandhome.weebly.com
No time to say anything much else, as I need to get to bed soon! So just one photo of my lovely wee boy, who isn't all that very wee! :-)


7 comments:

Sharon said...

The new house looks lovely! I'm sure you're looking forward to having more space. I know from recent experience that moving can be quite a chore...I hope all goes well.

jenny said...

wish you all the best and God bless.

Melissa said...

How exciting!

Our exciting news is that I found an amazing job that Justin says he should be qualified for, so he's applying... if he gets it, we'd have at least triple our income that we have right now... which would mean we had all debt (including our house right now) paid in less than five years... which would mean we could plan a move to a really *good* area of whatever community within five years... I'm rather hopeful it will happen, LOL!!

Naomi said...

Wow, that is very exciting :-) Glad you'll have more space. Hope all goes well finalising the sale and selling your own house. Now, I really must get on and finish that cardigan for Clement before he grows too big for it!!!
xxx

Jo said...

Och wow. :). I'm decluttering at the moment with the help of a friend. Will remember the move @ the throne of Grace Rachel. Please pray about my ankle (can't really walk on it. Can only really get around by bike and the bike needs fixing and panniers putting on it!!!) and my DLA renewal (disability living allowance) which is stressing me out. I'm passing on various old knitting, crochet and sewing books/mags to Rev Somerset's middle daughter and she's thrilled. She has spent the whole summer trying to make a draft excluder in the shape of a limousine :). That's one cool kid!

Just sitting here thinking like another 2 weeks and I'll be 2 months without the TV. No great major Starbucks outing this time though LOL. I'm fine. I have my digital radio and stuff. And I notice more and more young people are ditching the TV and just using radio and downloading anything they want online.

But I have often thought you could do with a bigger house and a bigger garden for the wee ones. I had a big garden as a kid as it was such a blessing!!!

Boy Clement sure is growing. Which reminds me - MUST finish my baby sleeping bag for Janneke (Fraser). Soon he'll be 6 months. Where has the time gone! Julia (Macleod) is now walking and just about talking. She's very chatty in church anyway.

But yeah....lists lists lists is the only only way with this move. I'm not moving now because the chap I was supposed to swap flats with had a stroke. But I got banana boxes from the supermarket (phone before you get them) for the books etc so most of those are in the cupboards now so I have more space.

Anyhow guess I ought to get more sleep.

Will pray about your move Rachel. Rest assured. Will pray. How's Benjamin's eczema? Any better?

Jo

Evelyn said...

How lovely Rach! Hope the packing, moving and selling goes smoothly for you...it will be nice to have more space for your little ones that is for sure. :)

Jo said...

Just to let you know Rachel tx for your prayers about the ankle. Got physio on Monday (phoned up & got a cancellation) and it's not arthritis or anything. Just ligaments.Am getting ultra sound and exercises and thinking of cancelling Skye (camping) till I have more energy.

Blessings how's the packing going? keep praying

Jo