Thursday, 16 July 2009

More photos etc

Seems I always end up here rather than in bed! Guess it's the only quiet time of the day, though even evenings (and middle of the night!) are full of disruptions! But at least children are mostly asleep in the evening! :-) Anyway, I uploaded all these photos last night but was too late to add any words, so I'll try again now.

Clement had an appointment at the hospital this past Wednesday for some tests. This was the first of two, following on from his urine infection last month. So we had to be there at 9am. I had felt quite stressed about it for weeks now, but thankfully it all went well. And much to my relief, Clement didn't cry at all! phew! They had to catheterize him first (there on the children's ward). And then about an hour later the x-ray department were finally ready for me to take him down there. They gave me a lead coat to wear as well as collar on my neck! Guess I've never been near an x-ray machine - but it seemed odd to have all this protective gear on me, and my little baby lying 3 inches below this huge machine! Anyway, they injected some dye into his bladder and then were able to see the direction the urine went. And thankfully all was OK, no reflux or anything else abnormal to be seen. So thankfully, all looks good so far. But I think they'll still want to do a similar test, but injecting the dye into his veins next time. :-S And of course continuing antibiotics, at least until we see the consultant at a later date. Oh yes, and they also weighed Clement at hospital and he's now 16lb 4oz - at only 3 months! One heavy boy! :-)

And there's my 2 boys, with Clement already interested in Lego!


Abigail joining in the fun


Last Saturday afternoon we decided to go for a walk near Evanton. It was beautiful sunshine and we had a nice time. The above photo is the ruins of the old parish church of Kiltearn, where Thomas Hog was once minister.


view of the water and surrounding scenes


Abigail and her dear Daddy! :-)



Clement sleeping in the sling - and Benjamin was asleep in the pushchair! It was an enjoyable afternoon - even if after 2.5 (of the 3 miles) my knee gave out/twisted and I fell on the road! I was trying to get out of the way of a car (on single track road) and nearly fell flat! Thankfully I was able to protect Clement (who was in sling) and he didn't even fuss or complain! And the lady in the vehicle was very kind and offered to give me a lift back into the town (where our car was parked), which was a big relief! I felt quite sore at the time, and was glad to not have to walk back - at at least by morning I felt much better!


a bright little (or big!) Clement



Benjamin and Clement in matching trousers I made them! Though C has got rather baggy bottoms! LOL I tried to reduce the size of a larger pattern and it didn't quite work! So I guess he'll be wearing them as shorts next summer! :-) Though at the rate he's growing, they'll probably not fit him then!


Giggling, as he frequently does!



He loves Thomas the Tank Engine already! In fact, I first noticed it when he smiled at a poster of them when he was in hospital - at only 9 weeks!


After the hospital appointment on Wednesday, in the afternoon Abigail & Benjamin helped me make Blackcurrant Jam! The fruit came straight from our garden too! Peter has a bush out front that gets loaded with blackcurrants each summer.


and it turned out that having willing helpers when making jam is a real plus - young arms that are full of energy to do the constant stirring that is necessary for 30 minutes! :-D


looking at the colour of the juice on the spoon!



and the finished jars of jam - even if a bit tatty looking! :-) But taste is lovely!

Bed calls me - goodnight! :)

1 comment:

jenny said...

We have still got blackcurrants from when we were in Scotland! They are in our freezer and have been for nearly 4 years, we had sooo many and we gave loads away!