Yep, that's my lovely little boy! :-D He's already 3 months old today! It's amazing how much a baby can grow in only 3 months, and all the things they can learn to do, so quickly. He still loves being on his "boppy" cushion, though is favourite activity is now to go *over* it, as you can see above, he's pushed himself over the cushion so he's hanging upside down a bit!
We've recently had a "heat wave" here in the UK! No, Americans wouldn't agree with the idea - but it's been hot! We often weren't able to get the temperature below 80F at night, even with all the windows open *and* the front & back doors too! So the above photo shows chubby Clement chilling out, with just a nappy on! He was able to keep cool with minimal clothing on, but poor Benjamin was always requiring layers of clothes on. Every time I tried to let him wear less, he scratched soo much that the clothes had to go back on to keep him from bleeding. :( So I'm glad that the cool weather has returned just now, as it means we're not pouring sweat at night!
My two boys, both looking at their mummy!
Abigail in the garden, enjoying the sunshine
Benjamin also enjoying the sunshine, even if rather unusually dressed! I have to say though, the 100% cotton tights we get from Cotton Comfort (eczema clothing people) have been such a help! They're loose fitting and cool, yet protect his legs/feet. But admittedly, people must wonder why the poor child is dressed like that - especially when it's hot!
Speaking of unusual clothing, here's Benjamin again, modeling his mitten sleepsuit that I made for him! I've finally managed to re-design the pattern how I want it - with full zip in the back (to keep him from getting his hands inside!) and now with closed mittens, which are essential when he's got a flare-up on his hands/arms and face (which we have at the moment). Last week we finally saw the dermatologist at the hospital - having been waiting since March for a referral. It was reassuring that she was impressed with our care of him and keeping him from getting infected, as well as understanding of how eczema works and what needs to be done etc. But at the same time, that doesn't help us to sort out how to improve matters, or get any more sleep! So she didn't seem to add very much to what we already knew/were doing - apart from giving us more potent steroids (Eumovate). We've been using them for just over a week but not sure they're any better than the hydrocortisone. It seems it's the dermatology nurses who work with people to sort out long term management of eczema, but they were so behind on seeing people that we had to see the doctor first. So maybe if we can get in touch with one of the nurses they might be more useful!
The little smiler again! .. and in the background is the box from my new sewing machine! :-D I've treated myself to a brand new Brother Innovis 10A - a computerised sewing machine! It's lovely and sews very quickly too - and can go through many layers of fabrics with ease!
Little bookworm! He's getting quite good with his hands and can hold toys/books all by himself. Thomas is a favourite of his, already! ;-)Now, I must get myself to bed. Fairly busy day on Friday (today, though it's now early hours of Saturday as I type). We had our monthly homeschool meet up, which we always look forward to. And then we went to a lovely big park nearby, which I didn't know existed. It was huge and had lots of nice things to play on, though Benjamin was too nervous to do much (he's recently become rather scared of groups of people). Abigail had lots of fun anyway - apart from when she lost us for several minutes (having run off on her own to try everything out)! :-( There were just toooo many people there - I was scared too, as I couldn't see her anywhere. But thankfully I eventually spotted her, standing on her own looking for me! There was also a miniature railway, which they had a ride on - Benjamin liked that, of course! And then A & B both fell asleep in the car on the way home, meaning it was nearly 11pm before they got to bed tonight! So all a bit exhausted, I think. Goodnight. :)


2 comments:
I love the picture of Clement! He is getting so big! Such a cutie! That's funny about your heat wave. :-) We have actually had a "cold wave" here in Michigan. Some nights actually got down to the low 50s and high 40s in early July! Very strange! But I have sure been lovin' it, not being much of a hot weather person myself.
I do hope Benjamin finds relief soon!
Take care,
Faith
I am really impressed with the sleep suit! I could never in a million years do anything like that. So, that is what Peter wanted the light for on the sewing machine!!!
Post a Comment