On Wednesday last week we spent most of the day with our friends the Mohons. Abigail & Benjamin really enjoyed playing in the garden with their grandchildren. It was beautiful sunshine and very warm. Didn't manage to get the best of photos, but they all enjoyed it!
Abigail & Benjamin having a picnic snack with Chloe and Anna
and again, with Benjamin and Anna facing this way
Peter, Mr & Mrs Mohon and Ruth in the background (btw something has gone funny with this photo and makes Peter's nose look rather bigger than it is! LOL)
Clement's first "garden party" :-) He was just sooo happy outside in the fresh air!
The next day we went to Filey (near Scarborough) to the seaside - it was a bit cold and windy, but the children still enjoyed the sand. Well, at least until Benjamin got sand in his eyes!
Building a sandcastle (or wrecking it, as would be the case with Benjamin!)
Filey coast
Clement's first time at the beach - though he slept through the experience!



4 comments:
I went to Norfolk Lavender with Ma the other year and it was very nice. Had wondered where you'd gotten to. Janneke (as in Fraser) is due on the 26/06 so I'm panicking making that baby sleeping bag (in aran!!) whilst trying to make some stuff for my folksy site.
Good to hear for you. Note to self MUST REMEMBER TO PRAY ABOUT BENJAMIN'S ECZEMA. Always enjoy reading your blog and that sling looks amazing!!!
Off to Ma's for the w/e on the 28th so like won't be able to read ya blog there as just taking the blackberry (aiming to pack as light as possible :)). but nothing to report here otherwise.
Blessings
Jo
Thanks for your comment, Jo! :) Nice to hear that you're still reading.
Would love to see a photo of the sleeping bag when you finish it! I've not attempted the pattern yet - so you can tell me how hard it is! lol At the moment I'm trying to finish a pair of crochet shorts (in 100% pure wool) for Clement. When treated with lanolin, you can use wool clothing over cloth nappies to make them waterproof! It's lovely how they work and keeps them cool & dry.
Hope you have a lovely time with your Ma! xx
Enjoyed the photos, it feels like I have been there now:)
We are hoping to pop up that way next week.
Enjoy.
I'm being stoopid and knitting the thing (bad move!!!). It's very easy. It's just in half double/trebles (depending on how you think, US or UK terms). I think the pattern is written in UK terms because it's from the 70's. If in doubt aim for the measurements and go from there but by the time you've done everything else I suspect Clement will be too big for it as it only goes upto a 6 month size. Maybe leave it for baby no.4? I've now finished front (1) so must start front (2).
How is the weather. It's very hot here. I'm now learning the pennywhistle to go busking for some pocket money :). I got one off freecyle and some beginner books praise God.
Blessings and JO MUSTN'T FORGET TO PRAY ABOUT BENJAMIN'S ECZEMA!!!!
Jo
Post a Comment