Thursday, 16 April 2009

5 days old

Well, Clement is already 5 days old today! Thought I'd try to post up a few (or maybe more than a few!) photos from the past few days. :) I was beginning to think he was going to be a very fussy baby - especially after yesterday when it was 5pm before I was able to put him down for more than 5 minutes without him crying! I ended up wearing him in a sling for a few hours in the afternoon so that I could get some laundry, dishes, and general tidying up done! He just slept peacefully the whole time he was in there - clearly enjoying it (as you'll see in a couple of photos below). Thankfully he was very content in the evening and again most of today. So perhaps he's adjusting to life outside the womb! :-) He always stops crying whenever he's being fed - but when I've fed him for the best part of 2 hours, I know he's had plenty to eat and there's no way he's still hungry! So I think it's his tummy that's feeling a bit unsettled/wind and it makes him want to feed.

The midwife weighed Clement on day 3 and he'd lost 7oz (which is perfectly normal/acceptable) though I was a bit surprised. However, today (day 5) when he was weighed again...he's now *above* his birth weight - a healthy 9lbs! Soooo, a weight gain of 9 ounces in only 2 days! Quite impressive really! :-)

OK, so here are photos....and then I *must* get some sleep - maybe! ;-)

2 days old (trying on a pair of wool trousers, which were toooo small!)

Close up of face - 2 days old

Looking such a big boy at 3 days old!


Sleeping peacefully in the sling - 3 days old


Close up of the happy baby! :-) Baby wearing really does have its benefits! ;-)

Out of the sling and wrapped up in a swaddle blanket - a very peaceful little boy! (3 days old)


Not a very clear photo, but shows how big he is! (4 days old)

My favourite photo so far! :-) He'd been sleeping on the couch and woke up to have a good look at everything. Benjamin got very excited when he saw him so wide awake and said "Look! Clement is looking around at Benjy!"

And can't forget to include some photos of my other lovely children! :-) This photo (and the 2 below) were taken about a week before Clement was born. We had absolutely lovely weather - you'd hardly know it could be Scotland! ;-) It was not only sunny but warm too - and at the beginning of April! The children even got to have a picnic outside on the front porch!


Benjamin looking a bit hot from the sun


Running in the square out front
OK, off to bed I *must* go!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Clement looks so cosy and happy next to his mummy! I have "rediscovered" babywearing the last few days, as the littlest one I watch (14 months) has been going through a very fussy phase in the mornings. I pop her in the mei tai and she snuggles up close and calms down right away. Of course, once all the other ones see her in the carrier, they all want to be "worn" too!

I've been hoping you would post more pictures, so I'm happy to see these.

Evelyn said...

Aww how sweet & cute! He does look big for only a couple of days old! Well done Rach! :) Try not to overdo it...hmm, that's a hard one isn't? It's hard to let things slide! Much love to you all,
Ev xx