Friday, 8 August 2008

Yes, I'm still alive....

Seeing as 2 weeks have easily passed without me posting anything here, I was afraid this might go on for a very long time if I didn't at least say something! So here I am - for once with very few photos! My camera was nearly empty (for someone who usually posts a blog with 12-15 photos each time!) - this one only has 6! So yes, I have been busy - too busy to even snap some every day (or not so every day) photos.

By the way, I notice from my visitor counter on the side of my blog that I'm getting a fair few visits from Australia and Canada - as well as some from New Zealand (not to mention the fact that the UK is well over the USA total, in spite of the fact that I have more family in the USA! LOL) Yes, I know - my visitors are very few compared to some blogs I visit! But anyway, I'm just curious who might be reading! You should leave me a comment - doesn't have to be long - just say who you are! :-) Aren't I curious?!

Well, we had a busy couple of weeks. The weekend after Dad's wedding we had all 6 of my brothers and sisters come stay with us! It was lovely to have them all. It's the first time in several years that all 7 of us have been under the same roof. It's just a pity they couldn't stay longer. But I'm so glad Nathanael (Nat) brought them to our house - we really enjoyed it. It was a full, but happy house.

Last weekend we had Jett, Evelyn, Amelia & Aaron come for a weekend as it was the communion here at church. I managed out with the children a few times (including Lord's day morning) though I think Abigail was really exhausted afterwards - 3 hours is quite a long time for a 2 year old. We enjoyed having Jett, Evelyn & family staying with us - it's nice to have visitors staying, as we don't get them very often. (Btw, the triple bunk bed was wonderful to have for both weekends of people staying - well at least I hope it was OK, as it wasn't actually me sleeping on the bed! LOL) Abigail & Benjamin had lots of fun with the children too.

This photo was taken just as my brothers & sisters were about to leave. Please excuse the fact that I've got Benjamin by the neck of his clothes - he just wouldn't stay still for the photo! :) We've got this pic printed and in a frame in our dining room and everytime Benjamin sees it he says "All gone" and gets really sad! :( Or all you have to do is say "Uncle Nat" or "Auntie Leah" and he says the same "all gone" in a very sad way. I think he's really missing them. Don't know how he (or Abigail!) will feel once all their aunties & uncles are away across the Atlantic. Maybe I don't want to think about it either! :(

Here's Abigail and Benjamin with their shopping trolleys out in the square - they followed their aunties & uncles out to the car when they left!

Running with trolleys again!


Cooling off in the hot Scottish sunshine! :) Yes, it really has been hot recently - tho at the moment it's back to cool weather again! Just can't work out what season it's supposed to be!


A smiling Abigail, all ready for bed (tho maybe this was the evening she got ready for bed early after being in the paddling pool - and then wouldn't go to sleep after dinner!!!) Been struggling with bedtime a bit recently - especially Benjamin who keeps having late nights. Guess it's just requires lots of work and perseverence. :) Oh yes - can't possibly forget the patience (tho that is usually what one forgets in these circumstances) but I think it's the most important ingredient!


And last, but certainly not least, my precious little boy! He's such a darling - very sweet personality who loves to give his mummy lots of kisses and cuddles! He'll come up to me in the middle of the day and just wrap his arms around me, plant a few kisses on my face, and then run back to his toys or whatever he was playing with. :)

Well, I'm extra over tired at the moment - have had a twitch in my eye since last night and it didn't go away with me going to bed early last night either. So I think bed is needed a bit earlier than usual tonight too.

3 comments:

Jo said...

Well I'm nae too far away in Abdn. Blessings. I've had a really good head night and am now all hyper. Golly you've done well with all the photos. That family one is fab. Shame Peter wasn't it it too! I also really like the last one of Benjamin. Doesn't he look all grown up now and not at all baby like.

I've been doing my knitting tonight. I'm trying to quit the fire sticks. I had a thought today. The amt I 'used' to spend on fire sticks is the same as my tithe should be and if I can't afford my tithe there's no way I can afford the firesticks. I'm just under two weeks into my attempt and I'm using nicorette. I've been really psychotic with it but the Lord be praised I have so many ppl to pray for me both via text message and online.

Hugs

Jo

The Mom said...

"patience, perseverance and prayer. . ." J & I used to mutter to oursleves!

Glad you had time together with your family - these times get fewer as we get older and scatter to the four winds.

Love
H

PeterinScotland said...

Jo

Peter wasn't meant to be in the photo - it was of Smiths and Smith grandchildren - and besides - he was taking the photo!

Peter