Tuesday, 25 March 2008

just another week

Hello again. I don't have anything exciting to say, nor do I have any very interesting photos - just some ordinary days I guess! We were down in FW with my family on Thursday/Friday last week and met up with Joseph & Carolyn and family and Jett & Evelyn & family, however, I left my camera at home, so sadly, no pics from then. We had a nice time, though very short visit. Abigail really enjoyed playing with her cousins. Other than that, though, just the usual day to day things really.

Abigail & Benjamin continue to keep me busy as ever, especially trying to keep my eyes on an ever climbing little boy! He thinks everything around him is meant to climb on & over and although he's generally been pretty safe lately, he had two falls today. First he climbed on his train table and fell backwards on the floor. He cried quite a bit, but didn't show any signs of being hurt. Then about 5 minutes later he climbed up on the arm of the couch (a favourite spot) where he holds onto the frame of the fireguard and rocks back & forth. But poor thing, he fell down right on his face and hit his forehead on the edge of his train table, which left a very nasty mark (near cut) and bruise. But he's very determined to continue climbing no matter what, and will do it again, and again, and again, and again! So when I'm in the kitchen cooking, I have to peek out and check on him every few seconds to make sure he's not in too much danger!

Anyway, here are a few pics - not feeling overly talkative this time (unlike my last posting!

Here's Abigail just out of the bath, I was trying to give her "pig tails" for the first time. Not really sure what to do with her hair, now that it's getting so long. It's always in her face, which annoys her, and gives Benjamin something to pull! (Yeah, he loves pulling his sister's hair!) I think it might be easier to manage if she had a fringe (bangs), but I know that it's a real pain to grow them out in later years when you want to be able to have your hair pulled back/all be the same length (as I did eventually when I was younger!), so maybe I should just keep trying to do something with her hair for now.


Benjamin's favourite activity (when not climbing or pulling hair - lol). Really though, he loves to read books and will sit for ages looking at them.

Hyacinths - they smell wonderful and fill the whole downstairs with a lovely fragrance. I got the pot of them (just sprouted, before the flowers came) from Tesco for only 50p! They happen to have a "sell by date", and so they were reduced from £5 down to 50p, complete with a nice ceramic pot, and it's not like they were dying - they'd barely come up! (I also got two other plants on the same occasion, one a 2ft tall Benjamin Ficus which was also originally £5, for only 20p - and it is lovely & healthy too!)


A climbing little boy - and if you look closely, you'll see his sister is standing in a chair in the background!

Abigail sitting at the bottom of the stairs enjoying some sunshine!

Building with Lego - and sitting in the drawer too!

And here's Benjamin in the drawer as well - they seem to think it's meant to sit in while you play with its contents.
And here is Benjamin actually sitting on the train table. I don't think he'll ever learn his lesson about falling. I tried to explain to him about it and that he'd fallen earlier today. He repeated "fall" (said very well too, in my opinion) but still continues to climb....oh well.


Goodnight. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel! I love the photos. Abigail looks just like you when you were younger, especially the photo with her hair pulled back.

Rachel said...

now hmmm, who might this anonymous be, who knows what I looked like when I was younger??! lol :)

oh yes, btw, thanks for the comment too!

lcrmum said...

I had the same problem with L when she was little I ended up giving her a fringe but growing it out was not to bad as she was 6-7. She did not seem to mind having them hanging in her face then. But she did when she was younger. Oh and brothers DO LOVE to pull hair, T is really into this as well at the moment. And he gets a really cheeky grin when he does it too. lol.

Unknown said...

I guess I was/am anonymous. I don't know if i will ever do things properly on a computer!! Love to you and your family. (I always read your blog)