I'm nearly over my cold (after 2+ weeks) and feeling normal again. Benjamin and then Abigail got the cold as well (I think B first started feeling poorly around Fri/Sat of last week). Abigail's not been too bad, though I did have at least 1 night where she was waking up every 30-60 minutes for at least half the night, and another night which wasn't a lot better. But she's sleeping better now, though still a sniffly nose. Benjamin been worse with it - very stopped up nose, which has resulted in him gagging at least twice (since he couldn't breathe very well) and emptying his tummy (big time) all over his mummy! Poor thing! He's still not completely over the cold, still coughing, but is settling better at night (his first night with the cold had me awake at least every hour, I think!). Seems Peter has finally caught something of the cold too! Guess it's just the season for these things.
As for the weather here, it's *freezing*, and that is literally! Actually, below freezing! For days most of the town has been quite frozen - no snow, just frost on top of frost, so everything is white and solid. It was -4C (24.8F) this afternoon, and a freezing -7C (19.4F) in Inverness. I think some snow would be quite fun and not quite so cold either. We finally managed to get a fire guard that was big enough to go around our solid fuel stove. Peter found one in the Farm & Household Stores in Inverness on Tuesday that was wide enough and we used some panels from a fire guard that was from *Peter's* baby days(!) to add to the sides and make it come out far enough from the stove. (Pic below) So, now the house is lovely & warm, and safe for kiddies too!
Can't think of much else that I've done. Finally gave the bathroom a good clean & scrub today! Won't say how long it's been since it last had a thorough cleaning!
Benjamin finally has a tooth! It's only just escaped out of the gum and is hardly visable, but can certainly feel it when he bites my chin! He's continuing to become more mobile and walks along the furniture and from one thing to another. Still not standing on his own, apart from brief periods of mere seconds, though I'm sure that will change soon enough. He's also finally learned to say Ma Ma! Both my babies have started with Da Da long before they ever could say my name. So it's lovely to finally have him calling me, especially when it's accompained with him crawling to find me - so sweet! :)
Here's some photos (and then to bed I go!):
Abigail and some of her many babies! She loves to play with her dolls and copies all the things her Mummy does!
A rather sleepy looking Abigail - sitting *backwards* in Benjamin's walker!
The new fire guard put in place
Benjamin nibbling a bit of apple while he slouches in his high chair. Just *can't* get him to sit up straight - he purposely slides down! I think he prefers to sit in my lap for eating, but gets rather messy! :-P

1 comment:
That's so sweet that Benjamin can say your name! Noah has an assortment of interesting sounds that he can make, but no words yet.
Post a Comment