Haven't been up to much out of the ordinary these past couple of weeks. Just trying to catch up with things and get back to normal. Finally made a start at some housework like dusting and hoovering - only managed to get the downstairs a bit more tidy, as Abigail was sleeping & didn't want to wake her. Maybe I'll have some energy tomorrow to do upstairs, which is actually worse ... and the bathroom too! :-p
I'm trying to see if we can cut out Abigail's naps (at least afternoon ones) and see if she sleeps better at night. She went to sleep at 7 last night and did wake a couple of times, but otherwise not bad and a quiet evening for me! But it meant she was ready to start the day at 6am this morning! :) But that was OK, at least I'd got into bed before 11 last night (rare for me!) and was nice she got me out of bed early. She went to sleep this evening at 8 and so far (nearly 11 now) she's only been awake briefly when the sound of some packaging tape woke her up. We'll see if I can get to bed before she wakes again!
Here are a couple of photos of what it looked like outside this morning. There was snow on the low lying hills around the town, and a big blanket on the "local" mountain (as seen in 2nd pic)! I took these photos from Abigail's bedroom window. The snow wasn't a total surprise though, as we had about 3 minutes of snow flurries yesterday afternoon - nothing stuck though.
Snow on the hills around town.
Big white object is Ben Wyvis covered in snow! Brrrr
Benjamin now wants to stand up at every object he can find! Here he is standing at Abigail's bed (with Abigail making a rather funny face beside him). Benjamin is also practicing climbing and was on a box yesterday. I don't think it will be long until he's walking. Seems I nearly have two toddlers already, rather than a toddler and an 8mo! Sometimes I feel I can hardly remember him actually being a baby - he just wants to grow up so quickly.
Abigail and Benjamin playing in a tent that Aunty Leah got for Abigail. The two of them are *always* playing together - they're such great friends! :-)
This photo here isn't staged at all and I thought it was too cute to miss getting a photo of. She was playing "house/mummy" in her room with her dolls, teddy bears, kitchen and pretend food. Here she is "cooking dinner" while she is wearing her "baby" in her sling (which on this occasion happens to be a tiny bear). But it was just so sweet to see her doing this all on her own. :) She looks so grown up.
OK, I'm signing off now & getting into bed. Morning will come all too soon, not to mention babies (or not so babies!) waking up in the night multiple times!
2 comments:
I *LOVE* that photo of Abigail wearing her bear and making supper. That's just too cute!!
Children waking in the night is *tough*, I hope dropping Abigail's nap will help her sleep through.
Love
H
Post a Comment