Mummy: "Abigail, how old are you?"
Abigail: "Ummm...."
Mummy: "Abigail, how many years old are you?"
Abigail: "Twenty-four!"
- - - - -
Abigail's 2nd birthday was on Monday. We invited Dad and the kids to come and stay the night with us, which they agreed to! :) Abigail was all excited for nearly a week before they actually came. I think she was wondering if her birthday would ever come - though she kept telling us that "Abigail's birthday is next week" or "Abigail's birthday is on Monday", so she had some idea when it was!
Abigail was quite decided on the idea of having a "kitty cat" cake, so I got a couple of cake decorating books from the library to get some ideas about how to create a cat. The books were all for really very talented people and I could have never made a cake like the ones in the books, but it did give me a few ideas anyway. I decided to do my decorations (from sugarpaste coloured with food colouring) last week, so I would only have the cake to bake and the buttercream icing to make on Monday. Anyway, it was fun, even if it didn't turn out as well as it might have done. And most importantly, it was good enough for Abigail, who asked later that day: "I want to see Abigail's lovely kitty cat cake!" :-)
So here are a few photos now:
Abigail pointing to her cake just after I finished it
Not very sure about candles! She wasn't very keen on the idea of blowing them out, but for the rest of the evening she kept on talking about her birthday and "blowing up" the candles! :-D
Abigail and her "party" guests (aunties & uncles), with her new slide from Mummy & Daddy in the background
.....more photos to come in a few minutes in second post


No comments:
Post a Comment