Saturday, 23 October 2010

Already 10 days old!!

This is just a quick photo post, without many words!

It's hard to believe Deborah is already 10 days old today!

The above photo was taken earlier today. Below are some photos of her since my last blog post.


Me and my girls! :-) Wearing Deborah in the Papoozle, 29 hours after she was born!


2 days old, wearing a lovely warm sleepsuit from her Aunty Leah!


5 days old



Sisters!



6 days old





In the Papoozle again - a frequent place for her!


And then, not to forget the other children! :-)

Abigail earlier this week - sometimes she likes to dress rather colourful!


The boys who are always up to something!

And below are some photos from September, which I never got round to posting!

Wearing coats when it was still meant to be summer!!!


Clement in Abigail's doll pram


Playing in buckets in the middle of the kitchen!



The diligent Clement, having a go at Benjamin's "schoolwork"


While Abigail decides that she's "too tired for lessons"


Brothers again!


Playing in the back garden


Clement who *loves* music and singing! :-)

4 comments:

Lucy van Eyk said...

Looking forward to seeing how big Deborah is now!
Thinking of you all

Anonymous said...

How beautiful Deborah is! We're so excited for your family. You look great, by the way. Hope you're feeling just as good.
Thanks, too, for including pictures of the other adorable children.
What curriculum do you use?

Hope all is well with you!

Love,
Beth

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to change your "About Me" description to say you have four children. ;-)

Also, do you have any advice on scheduling home-schooling, playing with kids, and keeping house tidy?

Fondly,
Beth.

Rachel said...

Lucy: Lovely to hear from you! Hope you are all enjoying your holiday and look forward to seeing you when you get back! :)

Beth: Thanks for your comments, Beth! Always good to hear from you! :) Yes, I'm feeling quite OK - though I could do with getting to sleep a bit earlier than I have the past few days! But I keep being surprised by how much energy I have at times - don't realise just *how* exhausting pregnancy can be! It's great to be able to move around with ease now! lol

As for curriculum and schooling, Abigail isn't "school age" for another year, so we're not formally doing things yet - just here and there. And since she's already reading, that helps a lot because it means she's reading and learning things everyday already! :) So it's just random workbooks they're doing at the moment. I'm not sure yet what we'll be using next year. I quite liked Abeka books from when I was organising things for my brothers and sisters in the past, and also Christian Liberty Press. But both of these are American curriculums, so I'm not sure that we'd go for that with living in the UK or not. I expect we'll probably use a mix of publishers rather than just one, but I don't know for sure yet. And when it comes to scheduling school and keeping the house tidy, etc I'm yet to work it all out myself, since I'm not yet doing full time lessons with the children! :) I know it can be done, but probably takes being rather organised. And I think another thing when you have multiple children is to make sure they're trained to do chores and housework from a fairly young age. Certainly that seems to be what we did growing up - we all helped out with housework, and as they say, many hands make light work! :)

And I must email you soon - keep forgetting! xx