We've been having beautiful weather for about a week. It's been a bit more dull and damp the past 3 days or so, but before that (since about the middle of last week) it was lovely - actually hot! Several of the below photos show Clement in just a shirt & nappy - and we just don't get very many days in the year that allow that little of clothing! LOL But it has been fun while it lasted. Abigail and Benjamin spent nearly the entire day for several days in a row just playing outside. It means more space for them to play and a bit of quiet for me to get cooking/cleaning done inside!
Clement at nearly 7 weeks old - looks like he wanted to kick the camera!
Benjamin telling Clement the story of "The Three Bears" - it was soooo cute to see and listen to! And Clement is obviously enjoying it too! :-)
A really big laugh from a really big boy! He's so sweet!
Abigail peeking from behind their very big doll's house
Sharing their snacks with Pooh and Kanga, who occupied the doll's house that afternoon
A rainbow of colour on the washing line - I like photos of washing hanging out! ;-)
My big little boy - nearly 8 weeks old, already!
Not the best of photos, but it was the best I could get - seemed impossible to get all 3 of them to look at the camera at the same time and not have a silly look on their face! :-)OK, off to sleep - I hope! Though sleep is quite unpredictable these days - but that's because of Benjamin rather than Clement. Clement actually slept for 7 hours straight the other night, which was quite impressive. He's been a bit restless in the evenings for the past couple of days, but he sleeps very well at night. On the other hand, Benjamin continues to wake at midnight and various other unwelcome hours in a fit of scratching, now that he's got eczema up and down all limbs and on his face! Often takes a good hour before he settles again, and it can be hard to keep him from scratching, as he's quite strong! Often a back rub and relaxing his legs/feet helps him get back to sleep more peacefully. We'd hoped to see someone in the dermatology dept at the hospital next week but the appt got cancelled (due to person going off sick permanantly) and they only let us know about 6 days before the date we expected to see them! Anyway, we've now got a new appointment for the first week in July. Doubt we'll get anywhere, but can always hope! OK, goodnight.

7 comments:
I love Clement's big smiles! They are so cute!
Is Abigail reading now? Elijah has always been a bookworm in the sense that he could spend hours poring over books, but he's only just recently learned how to actually read.
No, Abigail isn't reading yet but she's certainly working on it! :) She can work out all the sounds in quite a lot of words but doesn't usually succeed in putting them together in her mind to realise what word they make!
The onr thing I always enjoy, is hanging washing out. Especially on a nice day!
What are the first 2 nappies? They look really cute.
jenny: The first nappy on the left is a Fuzzibunz (inside of it) and after that are about 9 Tots Bots Bamboozles (bamboo nappies) in rainbow colours! :-D They're currently my favourite fitted nappy and Benjamin wears them all the time. He seems to be far more comfortable in them than other nappies and gets rather too hot/itchy when he's in totally fleece lined nappies. So as much as I love the large Fuzzibunz we have, I think they'll have to wait until Clement gets bigger and and see if they suit him any better! Though fitted nappies with wool over them is my favouite method of nappies!
Hi, I've been a lurker on your blog. I found it via Henrietta's blog.
Lovely pictures of Clement.
I love the cloth nappy pictures being another cloth nappy fan.
My little ones are in Bumbles and Bumpers which are white and don't look half so good on the washing line!
Do you knit the wool wraps?
Sarah
Hi Sarah,
Thanks for your comment. :) I don't actually know how to knit, but I can crochet! I've bought all the wool covers I have. However, I did crochet a pair of wool shorts a couple of weeks ago. So just need to lanolise them and see how they fit Clement - and especially if they actually work! I wasn't sure what kind of crochet stitch was best, so a bit of an experiment. :)
I LOVE photo's of washing hanging out too...especially cloth nappies!! Lovely blog Rachel x
Post a Comment