Thursday, 13 November 2008

Abigail is 3!!

Abigail's 3rd birthday was yesterday. It seems hard to believe she's already three years old! Here are a dozen or so photos from the day.

I put up this banner and balloons the night before so she'd have a wee surprise when she woke up in the morning. She's been counting the days till her birthday for months now - birthdays are quite special to her it seems, so I didn't want her to feel too disappointed.

I put her presents and more balloons on the couch for her to find when she woke up.

Abigail looking happy at 7am! Benjamin decided to wake me up at 5am (for the 2nd day in a row) and was rather miserable. He didn't want to be awake but didn't go to sleep again either. So I struggled with him for about an hour (hoping he'd go back to sleep again). Eventually his noisy self woke Abigail at 6am, but I managed to keep them upstairs for another hour or so. I was too tired to feel like going downstairs at 6am for her to open her presents etc. My tiredness was increased by the fact that Benjamin woke up at 11pm last night (having been in his bed since around 7:30pm) and I didn't get him to settle again until well after 12am - so really not enough sleep to have only slept from after midnight till 5am - certainly not when pregnant too! LOL). But anyway, by 7am I was just about coping, so we went down to "begin her birthday"!

Opening her first present (not sure what Benjamin was doing - funny face anyway!) She started with the smallest present and nearly went according to size, with the biggest one last. I'm sure when I was a child I'd have wanted to know what the biggest one was first!

Stick horses - for both of them! Galloping away - they make noises too, and so far they've been having lots of fun with them.

Looking at a set of toy pots & pans

Benjamin helping Abigail open the packaging. :-)

And also being sure to help play with it too! It's a lovely little set with mini cooking tools as well as pots & pans, which look just like the real thing.

And a new pram! So far it's just had baby dolls in it - hopefully it will stay that way too! LOL Most of the time her smaller pushchair has been full of toy cats, but she seems to think this looks more like the real thing and is meant for babies. :)

Abigail's birthday cake! I made the flowers out of royal icing (took me a full 2 hours one evening last week just to make the 30 flowers). She really wanted a cake with flowers, but I wasn't sure if it might look a bit too grown up for a 3 year old, so I bought a small Pooh bear to sit with the flowers.

Birthday lunch - Abigail wanted to have "tasty things to eat" for her lunch, so she picked various things out at Lidl and I modified some ideas as well. ;-)

Last year Abigail wasn't really sure what to do with candles, but this time round she was sooooo quick blowing them out that I didn't even get to catch it with the camera! Dad and Anna arrived at the house just before dinner time, so we had the cake after the meal. By this time (7pm) Abigail was rather exhausted, but she enjoyed the cake even so.

4 comments:

Evelyn said...

Looks like she had quite the day! Happy birthday Abigail! :) Amelia was the same for the candles aspect (last year) we'll see if she knows what to do this time still a while off I know! :) Btw, excellent job on the cake!! :)

Anonymous said...

aww, happy birthday abigail! love uncle nat x

Danielle said...

The cake was beautiful and the food all looked so good! So much fun!

Anonymous said...

A very happy birthday celebration for Abigail. I would have been disappointed if there were not some books in the background - the bad news is I can recognize them. All the best to you and Peter.

Derek in Florida