Thursday, 3 July 2008

Gerrit's birthday etc

Just a quick post here before I head for bed. Didn't want to neglect this space too long, else it might end up being ages before I post something again! Haven't been feeling too well this past week. Went to the doctors on Monday and got some antibiotics (yes, within the past 2 months, 3 out of 4 of us have been on antibiotics for one thing or other - tho first time for me to have any, unless I had something when I was a child for an ear infection etc). Anyway, I was feeling loads better the first 12 hours after starting them, but not been so great the past 24 hours, so we'll see. Just hope I'm back to normal again soon.



Here's Abigail with her ladybird umbrella - a cute face, even if she won't open her eyes!

Last Saturday morning we went for another walk - this time down a quiet "farm" road just outside our town. This is a view looking down the road towards the firth.

Another one of my pieced together photos! lol I took a photo of them together but Abigail was looking the wrong way, so I just stuck these two together.


Isn't he cute?! :-)



Happy 10th Birthday to my "baby" brother Gerrit! We went down to Fort William on Tuesday for his birthday. He'd invited a few friends who live in Glasgow and we came along as well and stayed overnight.



Benjamin thinks the wrapping paper is the best part! He and Abigail had loads of fun with it - making a big mess too!


Some of Gerrit's birthday guests watching him open his presents.

Gerrit and his soon to be step-mum Anna :-) with the cake she got for him.


Anna had his photo printed on the cake, which was a surprise for Gerrit!


The above photo was Wednesday evening after we got back from Fort William. Gerrit gave these big trucks to Benjamin & Abigail (as he's now outgrown them!) and the children have been having loads of fun playing in the garden with them. You can see my well overgrown bushes in the background! I spent this afternoon trimming that side of the garden (sorry, no after photos! lol). Abigail & Benjamin spent the entire afternoon outside and were absolutely exhausted by dinner time. They did manage to stay awake to eat some food & have a bath, but were both desperate to get to sleep. Hopefully it means they'll sleep well tonight.


Off to bed now - goodnight. :)

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Gerrit looks so grown-up! I think the last I saw him was at Caleb and Leah's wedding, and he has grown so much since then.

The view down the farm road is beautiful. It looks like something out of a storybook. :)

Evelyn said...

Gerrit does look all grown up. I wanted to come for that day...should have asked Jett because he might have said yes (bad me).

Hmm, you would actually like to see us up in Dingwall? Well...uhm are y'all having any visitors for the communion? Jett has been wanting to go up (me too of course!) to see y'all it's amazing how time just flies with kids, and studies etc!

Your children look very sweet. I like the pic with the umbrella very cute.

Love,
Ev xx